Features of Log4j
There are multiple features of Log4j in the project:
- It is thread-safe and not restricted to a predefined set of facilities.
- It is optimized for speed.
- It is based on a named logger hierarchy.
- Logging behavior can be set at runtime using a configuration file.
- It supports internationalization.
- It supports multiple output appenders per logger.
- It uses multiple levels, namely ALL, TRACE, DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR and FATAL.
- The format of the log output can be easily changed by extending the Layout class.
- We can altered the target of the log output as well as the writing strategy by implementations of the Appender interface.